Athletic Participation Requirements
All BCHS students interested in participating on any sports team must meet the requirements for athletic participation listed below.
- Maintain at least a 2.0 GPA throughout each semester
- Complete the Student Accident Insurance Information
- Have a yearly physical and have doctor complete and sign the Physical Form
- Complete the Authorization to Treat a Minor Form
- Complete Travel Consent Form
- Uphold the Code of Ethics and sign the Ethics in Sports Form (to be signed by parent and student)
The forms required above can be downloaded in the Athletic Packet (pdf). CIF requires that all student athletes turn in an completed and current Athletic Packet before the student can practice with his or her team. Last year's packet has expired and a new one must be submitted each school year. If you do not wish to download the packet, please go to the BCHS Administration Office and ask for a copy.
In addition to the required forms, the Athletic Packet also contains an optional Volunteer Driver Applicaiton form for parents who would like to help with travel to and from the games.
The following doctor has offered his services for Sports Physicals this year at a cost of $25. The doctor will need the Physical Form from the Athletic Packet link above:
Progressive Family Healthcare
600 Coffee Rd, Suite R
Kevin J. Clerico B. Sc., D.C. Q.M.E
Bakersfield, CA 93309
Phone: (661) 831-4407
Fax: (661) 831-4409