BCHS' desire is to educate the whole student, thus our goals are tri-fold including spiritual and moral, academic, and personal and social goals.
Spiritual and Moral
- To teach the Bible as the only inspired and authoritative Word of God.
- To develop a spiritual awareness that will lead to acceptance of Jesus Christ as personal Lord and Savior.
- To develop a practical knowledge of God's Word.
- To develop a desire to know and obey the will of God as revealed in the Scriptures.
- To develop a submissive will toward God and all others in authority.
- To help the student develop a Christian worldview and teach proper stewardship of talent and resources.
- To impart an understanding of each Christian's place in the church and the worldwide task of witnessing and evangelism.
Personal and Social
- To equip all students with the basic skills necessary to ensure that they attain their God-given potential and to emphasize the importance of being a lifelong learner.
- To equip all students with the skills needed to ensure their ability to reason and make logical, intelligent decisions.
- To develop the ability to research, organize, synthesize and evaluate information through proper use of resource and reference materials.
- To develop creative and critical thinking skills with proper use of biblical criteria for evaluation.
- To produce an understanding and appreciation for God's world, an awareness of our role in the environment and our God-given responsibilities to use and properly preserve it.
- To help all students gain a thorough understanding and command of the processes used in communicating and dealing with others.
- To encourage good citizenship by modeling behavior and demonstrative, thoughtful respect for ourselves and those around us, within the context of our Christian faith and ethics.
- To develop a proper personal understanding of themselves as a unique individual created in the image of God.
- To develop a biblical understanding of the rights, privileges and obligations of a citizen of the community, state and nation.
- To develop an understanding of the God-instituted responsibility of the family unit for the individual and society.
- To develop attitudes and abilities which will enable all students to properly understand their role as Christians living in a secular and materialistic culture.
- To develop biblical attitudes toward material things and to encourage individual responsibility in using them for God's glory.
- To promote physical fitness, good health habits and wise use of the body as the temple of God.
- To stimulate interest in the arts and other activities which are Christ-honoring and self-fulfilling.
- To the accomplishment of the above stated philosophy, goals and objectives, Bakersfield Christian High School does not pretend to be all things to all people. Neither is it assumed that Bakersfield Christian High School is for every young person. It does see Christian education as a significant and life-changing education choice.